Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This Week's Deals

Just a little more clarification on how something makes it to my deals list.  If I can get it cheaper than I could at Costco or Sam's, it is considered a deal.  Otherwise, I have my list of things I normally buy there because they are always cheaper....shredded cheese, milk, eggs, Ziploc bags, beef jerky, canned chicken, chips, bagged lettuce.  One thing that might interest you, I NEVER buy cereal in bulk.  It is not cheaper and I don't like dealing with bags vs. boxes.  Also, I don't think something is much of a deal unless it is close to 50% off.  With that in mind, here is what I liked from the ads this week.

Harmons: red seedless grapes .98 lb, Aquarius bottled water $2.50, Aquafresh toothpaste $1, Arrid deodorant $1, Don Julio tortilla chips $1, Lawry's bottled marinades $1, Tree Top apple juice $1, Gatorade .69 (must buy 10 and use coupon in ad), Life or Cap'n Crunch (big boxes) $2.50, Flipz chocolate covered pretzels $1, Dole frozen juice $1, Mrs. Cubbison's croutons $1.

Smith's: flour torillas $1, Skippy peanut butter $1.50, Miracle Whip $1.98, Sun detergent $1.88, Bar S lunchmeat $2.50, burritos $2 for 9, 5 dz eggs $3.49, extra lean ground beef $1.99 lb., grapes $1.50, yoplait .44, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter $1.49, Coppertone sunscreen $5.00, 

Maceys: cantaloupe .48 lb., Western Family paper towels $2.98 6-pack, WF water bottles $2.48, Exude sport drink .50, WF bleach .98, M&M Mars candy bars .44, Yoplait .45, roma tomatoes .79 lb., 

Worth Mentioning:

Reams: hamburger or hot dog buns .79, bottled water $2.50, Kool-Aid bursts .69, seedless grapes .99 lb., fresh chicken breasts $1.89, cottage cheese .88, Nestle candy bars .33, Go-gurt and Trix yogurt $2.00, Capri Sun 3 for $5.00 (must buy 3), roma tomatoes .69 lb., cantaloupe .49 lb., pineapples .49 lb., medium avocados .39, green peppers .50, Dole bagged lettuce $1.39.

Fresh Market: grapes .99 lb.,  raspberries, blackberries and blueberries $1.50, watermelon .25 lb., strawberries $1.25, 5 lb bag sugar $1.98, 18 ct. eggs .98, toilet paper .77, Exude .50, Quaker cereal $2.50.

Sunflower Farmers Market:  RASPBERRIES .97.  Maybe it is time to make some jam!

I didn't really have a stock-up item of the week but I think my store pick would be Reams.  I know I told you last week that I didn't love shopping there but they have some good produce prices and I am going to make something for dinner that involves avocados!

1 comment: